For your Ellemane Hair bundles and lace systems to last please treat them as if they were your natural hair. Its best to follow the instructions below to find out how to take care of your bundles.
Before installing your bundles and lace systems, make sure you thoroughly wash and condition the hair. It's important to do this step before installing because you’ll be able to detect any issues with the product. On the rare occasion, of any issues with bundles or lace systems, please contact us immediately at email@example.com to discuss the problem and we will aim to do our best to resolve it.
When installing your bundles ensure that you use the flip-over method to avoid cutting the wefts. Only cut the wefts when necessary and avoid cutting the same bundles twice- this is to avoid excessive shedding. After, install thoroughly brush the hair to remove loose hair. If you wish you can seal the wefts beforehand but it's not necessary.
- If you are wearing a sew in, wash and condition your hair at least once a week. For wig users, wash and condition every two weeks. Or when wash when needed.
- When combing your hair make sure you use a wide-tooth comb for straight and wavy hair and a padded brush for curlier textures. For curlier textures its best to slighty wet the hair with water in a spray bottle when detangling. DO NOT BRUSH curly hair dry.
- Brush and detangle your hair before shampoo and conditioning
- During wash days it’s ideal if you shampoo and rinse your hair once and then condition your hair for at least 30 mins. Use lukewarm water when washing your hair and finish off with colder water.
- Apply conditioner to hair using a padded brush or a wide tooth comb depending on the hair texture and comb hair from root to tip to detangle the hair. For curlier textures brush the ends first and make your way up.
- Always try to airdry your bundles - do not air dry your bundles outside in cold or freezing temperatures.
- If you are going to use heat, apply heat protectant before using any heated styling tools.
- If you have a sown in or wearing your wig to bed. Make sure you braid your hair to avoid tangling and then cover your hair with a satin bonnet or sleep on a satin pillowcase.
- Store your wigs in our satin packaging or on a mannequin head.
- Your bundles might tangle at the nape of your head (bottom of the head) due the friction between your natural hair and the bundles. To avoid excessive tangling ALWAYS remember to comb those areas on your wig or sow in when combing your hair.
- Cutting the wefts
- Drying your hair with a towel
- Using excessive heat
- Avoid applying excessive styling products such as oils, serums and mousse
- Using heavy oil-based products
- Sleeping without a satin bonnet
- Avoid over conditioning or shampooing your hair
DEEP WAVE / CURLY TEXTURES.
- Detangle hair whilst damp (use water in a spray bottle) and avoid detangling and brushing whilst dry.
- Maintain curls by using leave in conditioner, water and serum
- Detangle hair from the ends and comb through from the bottom and make your way up.
CLOSURES AND FRONTALS
Ellemane Hair bundles are machine wefted but our closures and frontals are handmade. Each hair strand is individually secured unto the lace. Lace systems tend to shed over time so it's very important to take care of it. Avoid excessive brushing, handling and washing of the hair. Also, avoid excessive plucking because over plucking will speed up the balding process.
Below you can find a list of our favourite tried and tested hair products.
- Garnier Ultimate Blends – we love the whole line but the Argan Richness and Honey Treasures line is our fav
- Aussie Miracle Moist line
- John Frieda – is perfect for wavy and curly textures and we love the Frizz ease oils and Midnight Recovery line.
- Tresemme Keratin Smooth line
- Head and Shoulders Supreme Smooth line.
- OGX Argan Oil serum
- John Frieda Frizz Ease serum